FUTSAL SEASON 2017 BEGINS JANUARY 8TH, 2017.
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY!!!
Join our Futsal League!
Through Next Level Athletics, you now have your chance to take part in the fastest growing indoor format of small sided soccer in Windsor. Futsal is different - once you step on the court you will experience a whole new spectacular game!
Don’t worry if you’ve never played Futsal before, or you’re not even sure what it actually is – Next Level Athletics is aimed at offering local opportunities for players of all standards to experience the game for the first time in a fun league setting.
Similar to outdoor soccer: all you need is a bunch of friends to form a team and turn up at the right time each week. We’ll sort out the rest and leave you to get on with showing your skills on the court!
The FA considers Futsal to be the premium format of indoor soccer due to the skill-based technical merits that the game helps to nurture and develop. When the likes of Xavi claim that the game had a significant impact on his development, who are we to argue!
‘In Futsal you are able to see the small details of quality, class and tactical aspect. I like this game very much.’
Xavi Hernandes FC Barcelona and Spain.
Official FIFA futsal rules will be used for the NXL Athletics futsal houseleague with the following modifications.
- Games will be 2 x 25 minute halves with a 3 minute halftime.
- Players who get a yellow card cannot play in the next game until a fee of $2 is paid the club.
- Players who get red cards cannot play until a fee of $20 is paid to the club.
- Fighting is strictly prohibited. anyone who fights will be expelled from the league and will under no circumstances be refuned any money or reinstated to play.
- No abusive manner will be tolerated. verbal or overly aggressive play will result in a caution or possible expulsion from the game or league.
- No slide tackling – if a slide prevents a goal there will be a two minute penality and a penality shot awarded.
- Substitutions can be made at any time as long as they are in the proper areas and no more than 5 players can be on the field at any time.
- Change benches at half time.